The discussion panel about sustainability and ecology in architecture and design was held on Thursday 20 April 2023 at the GIADA Cultural Lounge, on the occasion of the exhibition project “The ideal city of Leonardo da Vinci” set up in the spaces of GIADA House from 18 to 23 April 2023.
The panel, conceived on the occasion of the Milan Design Week, focused on issues of urban sustainability, the importance of ecology in architecture and design and the need to make city spaces increasingly on a human scale, preserving and valuing natural resources. The starting point was Leonardo da Vinci’s studies on the ideal city, to arrive at the most innovative proposals for the architecture and design of the future and the projects in progress for the metropolitan city of Milan, increasingly ecological and responsive to the needs of its inhabitants and the environment.
The discussion involved the following Speakers:
- Prof. Alberto Rocca – Board of Fellows of Veneranda Biblioteca Ambrosiana and Director of the Art Gallery – for an in-depth look at Leonardo da Vinci’s studies on the Ideal City;
- Mobility Coucilor of Municipality of Milano, Arianna Censi, about ongoing and planned future projects for the city of Milan and the Municipality’s commitment to urban sustainability;
- The Architect Claudio Silvestrin, the mind who designed the spaces of the GIADA stores and the Cultural Lounge and made ecology and the use of natural materials in contemporary architecture one of its distinctive features;
- The Coucilor in Charge to the ForestaMi Project of the Metropolitan City of Milan , who presented the ForestaMI project and open reflections on the benefits of city sustainability;
- The Senior Feature Editor for Elle Decoration Cina, Ye Li, who opened the urgent issues of the importance of sustainability in design and in everyday spaces.
The Panel was moderated by the Senior Correspondant for China for the Italian Newspaper Il Sole24ORE, the journalist Rita Fatiguso.
Given the limited capacity, the panel, entirely in English, was recorded in its entirety to allow international diffusion.